Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Wish List Wednesday!

I'm going to be honest. My mind was blank on what to post for today's Wish List Wednesday. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't have a lot of things to wish for but I wanted THIS Wednesday to be different. Why? I dunno, because Mother's Day is coming up and well, I'm just in one of those sentimental moods. I wanted my wish for this Wish List to be meaningful. To not be about material things. And as I was moseying around my house today doing the normal everyday stuff, I happened to turn on the news and saw this:




And I knew that SOMEONE had sent me the answer to my meaningful post.

To say I was moved by the story of Jessica and her mission with Project Blanket is an understatement.
I mean c'mon, I'm posting about wishing for dresses and Louboutin's and there are people out there who sleep on the street at night, on CARDBOARD.
So, on my wish this Wednesday is blankets. Gently used blankets that you can spare to give someone else a little warmth for the night.
Don't have any blankets? Then how about recyclables? Jessica not only collects blankets but recyclables that she can trade for cash to buy more blankets, food and water.
I have contacted Jessica and will be donating all the blankets and recyblables I have here in my home. If you would like to donate you can email me and I will collect your things to give to Project Blanket OR you can contact her directly at: (323) 334-5080.

Some of you might be thinking, how is giving blankets related to Mother's Day?
Oh, but it is. Because every homeless person out there is someone's dad or sister or brother or friend.
Someone's CHILD.
This Wednesday, lets give back!

♥ Elena

"What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal."  ~Albert Pike

No comments:

Post a Comment