Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Big 4

I'm driving myself crazy. No, I mean really! Literally insane! The party planning has begun for Dominic's 4th birthday!

I've always, always had a passion for planning parties. Baptisms, baby showers, bridal showers, you name it, I've done it. But not until I entered the world of REAL event planning via Tina Molina Events could I truly grasp the vast selection of options when it comes to throwing parties. No longer am I able to go down to Party City and buy the plastic tablecloths and matching plates.  Tablecloths are now called "linens". No longer, is the typical Baskin Robbins ice cream birthday cake like the one my parents used to buy for us, sufficient enough for a 4 year old's taste buds. Not when I have seen the work of artists in the wedding world who use fondant to create characters from the Wizard of Oz. Things now are "different". They must be. Because I'm crazy.

As I reveal more and more details to my husband about my plans for Dominic's coming of age, I'm met with more and more looks that are really meant to say: "I really love you because your my wife, but this is getting out of hand". And yet he lets me. Because as much as planning parties is fun and well, what I DO, it's something else.

He's turning 4. And then 5. And then 10. And then 15. And then pretty soon, mom's party planning ideas are silly and not cool. I'm hanging on, for dear life! Because sooner rather than later they will go to parties that won't be planned by me. And so I plan to create as many memories as I can RIGHT NOW. Even if they are crazy, or overboard or time consuming. Because crazy and overboard when it comes to parties equals smiles and laughter for my photo album.

And anyway, overboard is my middle name isn't it?

Here's a sneak peak of one of my DIY (do it yourself) projects for Dominic's birthday.
It will be a Luau so get your grass skirts and coconut bra's ready!



♥ Elena

"A smile happens in a flash, but its memory lasts a lifetime" ~ unknown

1 comment:

  1. yay i am so excited, let me know if i can help with anything! .... ps i love dom's Vana pose lol

    ReplyDelete