Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wish List Wednesday!

For the past 2 weeks Wish List Wednesday has been a little difficult for me. I mean, how boring would my blog be if I posted about wishing for fabulous dresses every week? Make no mistake though! I do have a couple cute little numbers on my "Need this so very badly" list. But I've been thinking about different ideas for my Wish List. Waiting for something to happen during my mediocre day that will put a spark in my brain! And today it happened. It may be a little different of a wish, but its STILL a wish. And it started with Andrew. MY Andrew ♥.

 He came home from school and as I started to ask him about his day he sat down next me at the table. And then he said "Mom, if you could go back and relive any day you wanted to, what day would it be?"
I know he's my son because I've already thought of this question many, many times in my head and so I was prepared with an answer: "I would love to go back and relive 3 days, not just 1. And I would relive the day that each of my boys was born".
Now I know that sounds like a corny, typical, mom answer but its SO true! If I could go back and relive a day, just for the sheer joy and blessedness that it brought, it would be the days that my children were born. Those were honestly the best days of my life. It saddens and scares me that I may never feel that way again.

It occurred to me though, that if given the opportunity, some people might wish to go back and relive a day not to enjoy it again, but to change it. A horrible mistake was made, something was said that you wish you could take back, you missed a chance at something that will never come around again.  I have those days too. Days I wish I could relive so that I could do them over for the better. But, then I think and I have to remember, good or bad, each day got me to exactly where I am today. And for that I'm grateful.

So today, on this Wish List Wednesday my wish is to go back. To relive those 3 amazing days! To take them in, to feel those feelings, to smell that sweet new-baby-smell again, to capture a little piece of the day that I didn't see before................




What day would you wish to relive?

♥ Elena


"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending" - Maria Robinson

1 comment:

  1. I will have to think about this buut reading your's gave me the chills. I could copy your answer!

    ReplyDelete