Thursday, May 20, 2010

Wish List Wednesday! BonVoyage!

Wish List Wednesday has turned into something entirely different than what I had planned it to be. But that's ok. Because I like it. And I hope you do too.
Dresses and shoes and jewelry will no doubt pop up on my Wish List Wednesday from time to time. But so will dreams, and memories and wishes for bettering my life.
Today is one of those days.

Last Monday my parents left on a week long cruise. My brother, sister and I had given the trip to them as a gift for Christmas. A gift that we hoped would give them some time to spend alone together and reconnect.
Life kind of takes over sometimes. There's no time. To spend time. To remember why we do things in the first place. Why we go to work everyday, why we decorate for holidays, why there is a Santa Clause. It's because of FAMILY. Without it, what do we have? Not much.

My boys and I drove my parents to Long Beach early the Monday morning of their cruise. I really was jealous that I wasn't the one taking off on that beautiful boat!


But off they went! The two of them. And when they were gone from sight my boys and I gathered to say a prayer. To wish them well and for a safe return.

A couple days later my mom called from the ship. And when I heard the sound of her voice I knew in an instant! She was HAPPY. There were not much words exchanged. It was a very quick call. But when she hung up I was so HAPPY too. More happy than they could ever know. That they were together on that boat. Having fun TOGETHER. Making memories TOGETHER.

When I told my brother that my mom had called his first question was "How did she sound?". My answer? "Happy".

So today on Wish List Wednesday my wish is for a zillion cruises! A zillion trips to send them on! A zillion days that they can be free from stress and worry and all the things that this crazy life can bring. A zillion trips to make memories on. A zillion days to be HAPPY.

♥ Elena


"The love of a family is life's greatest blessing" ~ Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment